Client Information – Searching/Creating/Editing/Enquiries
Search for a Client or Contact
A search will be required before a user can open a Client or Contact record.
Remember if you don’t have access to a client the search will yield no results. This is to ensure that there are no duplicate records.
From the Search Results screen, the user will be able to undertake the following actions:
- Select a search result to navigate to the Client Summary screen
- Edit client record, contacts, education and referral information.
Important: Client Records are created on acceptance of a Referral.
Once found you can view /edit a Client or Contact
TIP: If the client you are searching for is already assigned to you, then you can find their name quickly using the My Client List widget from your Dashboard.
- In the Search field type in your client’s name, either surname, first name, or part of a name. By default, the system will search by Name.
- Select your search criteria from the options in the “Name” drop-down box. If the user doesn’t know the full number, they can search for part of a number e.g. PRN56698 can be searched using 698.
- Click on the Search Button
- A list of results will appear, you can select the correct person by clicking on their hyperlinked name.
- You will be taken to the Client Summary or Key Contact or Relationship screen relating to that client or contact.
To view any of the screens listed you must firstly select the Childs Name in the top Left Hand Corner of the Client Summary Blue Header, this will navigate you to the Client Information screen. Below the Blue Header in this screen you will see these Tabs:
- Client Information
- Referral Information
You must first complete a Search to find your client.
To Edit this screen, click on Edit and make any appropriate changes
To Save this screen, click on Save.
Select OK to close this record, you will now be in view mode for the client and can move to another screen or client if you wish.
Mandatory Field Information –All mandatory fields are indicated with a Red Asterisk *
- Surname – This is the Client’s Legal name if they are known or called something else please note this in the Preferred Name section.
- First Name – This is the Client’s Legal name if they are known or called something else please note this in the Preferred Name section.
- Middle Name – This is the Client’s Legal middle name.
- Title – This is the Client’s title, this is single select, if the client has the title Master for example, when the client turns 13 years old the title will change to Mr.
- Surname – This is the Preferred Name.
- First Name – This is the Client’s Preferred Name.
- Also Known As – This is what the Client is Also Known As, this name will appear in the banner in brackets
- Preferred – Tick box, this is against all Contact types, once selected this will display as the Preferred Contact Method, this defaults to the Moble Phone number.
- Postal – tick box.
- Mobile Phone – This displays mobile phone number.
- Work Phone – This displays work phone number.
- Email Address – This displays email address.
- Do Not Contact – You have selected a type not to contact from the dropdown list, once selected a Reason for No Contact field appears, this is free text to explain why not to contact.
- Date of Birth – The User can click inside the date field and type in the correct date using the correct date format DD/MM/CCYY or select the Calendar by clicking the down arrow. The Age will automatically calculate. This will display in the banner.
- Age – Will automatically calculate from Date of Birth.
- Gender – You must select one option
- Primary Ethnicity – Select one Ethnitity from the dropdown list.
- if you select NZ Maori, then Iwi and Hapu fields will appear, these fields are not mandatory.
- Secondary Ethnicity – Select a second Ethnicity from dropdown list if required.
- NZ Resident – You must select one tick box.
- The address is API Google Linked, each time the address is changed this is written to Case Notes. Physical Address fields work with Google Maps, you can start typing in a address and you will be presented with possible matches, if you can’t see a match keep typing it in manually, FileVision will accept this. If you find the address and want to alter it you can select the address from the Google options and then over type it.
For Example Google has 96 Manchester Street but you want Unit 2/96 Manchester Street and can’t find it, select the 96 Manchester Street and add Unit 2/ at the beginning. You can also add additional information such as C/- ABC Residential Home etc
- Client Ref # – This is the Client’s Reference number this is assigned automatically when the Client Record is created. This can not be changed.
- NHI # – This is the Clients NHI #.
- WINZ # – This is the Clients WINZ #.
- Corrections # – This is the Clients Corrections #.
- ACC # – This is the Clients ACC #.
- Client Type – This is default to the age field, if 19 or younger it will display Youth, if greater than 19 Adult will display, this can be edited.
If Adult is select, these fields will become available.
- Occupation – This is the Clients occupation field, free text.
- Protection Involvement – Free text.
- Legal Status – Select a status from the dropdown list.
- Legal Status Expiry – This is the date the Legal Status expiries, will only dipslay if Legal Status is populated.
- Sentence Status – Select at status from the dropdown menu.
- Sentence Expiry – This is the date the Sentence expiries, will only display if Sentence Status is populated.
If Youth is selected, these fields will become availble.
- Protection Involvement – Free text.
- Care and Protection Status – Select a status from the dropdown menu.
Youth Justice Status – Select a status from the dropdown menu
- PPPR – If this is checked it will dipslay a hyperlink to the Upload Document, when a document has been uploaded it will dipslay the document name.
- PPPR Expiry – if PPPR is checked this becomes mandatory.
- Personal Order – If this is checked it will dipslay a hyperlink to the Upload Document, when a document has been uploaded it will dipslay the document name.
- Personal Order Expiry – if Personal Order ha been checked this becomes mandatory.
- Welfare Guardian – This will only display if PPR is checked.
- MH Act – If this is checked it will dipslay a hyperlink to the Upload Document, when a document has been uploaded it will dipslay the document name.
- Intellectual Disability – If this is checked it will dipslay a hyperlink to the Upload Document, when a document has been uploaded it will dipslay the document name.
- EPOA – If this is checked it will dipslay a hyperlink to the Upload Document, when a document has been uploaded it will dipslay the document name.
- Registered with PHO – Select from the dropdown menu.
- Medication Status – Select from the dropdown menu.
- Oversight Category – Select from the dropdown menu.
- Oversight Scale – Select from the dropdown menu.
Procedure: All enquiries for the client selected can be viewed in this summary.
Once you have searched for your Client, click on the Enquiries Tab, the Enquiry Summary will display.
Hyperlink on the date field, when selecting this it will open the enquiry screen.
To Add New Enquiry select this button, refer to User Guide for Enquiries.
Selecting Close will return you to your previous screen.